Julington Creek Reopening Plan Message to Residents
Attention Julington Creek Residents:
Staff is excited to announce our plans to reopen some of the amenity facilities here at Julington Creek. The following plan outlines our staggered approach in doing so. Please be patient with our staggered approach, as we are opening up in phases to account for staff availability, the finalization of facility projects, staff acclimation to the registration process for amenity utilization, and most importantly to ensure we are able to serve this community as safely as we possibly can. Below I will outline some general rules and policies we will be abiding by. I will list the amenity opening schedule and explain some of the nuances involved with the utilization by residents of these amenities. We are so eager to serve you and can’t wait to see you at the facilities soon.
1. Staffing in place to accommodate 6’ social distancing and less than 10 persons caps enforcement, as well as cleanliness requirements. If staffing is not available or needs time to ramp up, other options shall be considered based on ability to monitor and enforce safely and implement heightened sanitation at CDD facilities, as required by the Phase 1 Reopen Florida plan.
2. 6-foot social distancing will remain in effect for extended period of time.
3. Limits of groupings of 10 or less people, with social distancing in place.
4. Heightened standard of sanitizing required, particularly through Phases 1-2.
5. Plans should be flexible and fluid as we learn more about virus and reopening impacts.
6. Phased reopening in line with federal, state and local guidelines
7. Amenity management company has sanitation process, employee process and process for reporting known cases procedures in place with DM.
8. No guest pass use during Phase 1.
9. Staff will wear masks and gloves at all times.
10. We will not have traditional Lifeguarding scheduled at our pools, rather Pool monitors will be onsite to ensure social distancing is being upheld. In essence, we will be under a swim at your own risk scenario, with pool monitoring at all times.
11. No showers, locker rooms, or water fountains will be able to be used during this first phase of opening. Please come prepared to swim and bring your own water.
Reporting of COVID-19 exposure
If we have any known reported cases of COVID-19 by any persons who have been at the facility, whether staff or residents, we will communicate this to the community at large. We will also close the facilities for a deep clean and ensure the infected person(s) properly self-quarantine themselves for 14 days. They will be required to provide a doctor’s clearance verifying they are not positive with COVID-19, prior to being able to return to the facilities. Staff that came into contact with the infected individuals will monitor themselves away from the facility for two days to ensure they are symptom free before returning to work.
Specific Facility Status of Opening
Saturday May 9th: Aquatics Complex Pool open for Loggerhead usage. No residents will be permitted at this facility at this time.
Monday May 11th: Recreation Center Competition Pool opens. Sportsplex opens. Parks will be opened as well.
Tuesday May 12th: Tennis will be opened.
Wednesday May 13th: Recreation Center Family Pool will be opened.
TBD: Aquatics Complex Family Pool will be opened at a later date that has yet to be determined.
Closed: Café, Child Watch, Lifestyle Programming, Volleyball Courts, Basketball Courts near the Volleyball Courts, Room Rentals/Pavilions, Fitness Center, Group Fitness Programming.
Hours of operation:
Competition Pool: M-F 6am – 8pm; Sat 7am-8pm; Sun 9am- 7pm
Sportsplex: M-F 10am-8pm; Sat 10am-8pm; Sun 10am-7pm
Family Pool: M-F 9am-8pm; Sat 9am-8pm; Sun 9am-7pm
Tennis Courts: M-F 7am-8pm; Sat 7am-8pm; Sun 9am-7pm
Recreation Center: Entry into the building will be prohibited, staff will be available via phone (904-438-2530) M-F 6am-8pm; Sat 7am-8pm; Sun 9am-7pm