Dear Julington Creek Plantation Residents,
Your Julington Creek Plantation Community Development District Board of Supervisors and District staff is tasked with setting and implementing policies that make Julington Creek Plantation a great place to call home. This includes the financial planning necessary for day to day operation and maintenance of District assets (facilities, landscape, etc.), as well as budgeting for future capital repairs and replacement. As our community ages, it becomes increasingly important to budget responsibly to ensure our community maintains its first class status.
Your Board of Supervisors budgeted and earmarked funds for large capital projects such as resurfacing pools, replacement of roofs, replacement of pool and fitness equipment, refreshment and replacement of landscaping and more. To keep assessments at their lowest, the Board and staff continually analyze current operations for efficiencies and identify opportunities for optimization that save the District money.
Fiscal Year 2018
The following are just a few highlights from this year:
- Projects/Improvements During Fiscal Year 2018:
- Aesthetic enhancements to the café and front lobby area, including physical updates and furnishings
- Aquatic Center pool resurfacing
- District Board and staff committed to consistent audit of operations to identify efficiencies without sacrificing services
- Internal and external lighting change to Light Emitting Diode lighting, which provides savings for both maintenance and energy
- Landscape beautification project for aging landscaping along Racetrack Road, SR13 and amenity facilities
- Pool filter, water quality and chemistry enhancement projects at all pools
- Splash Park refurbishment slide replacement
- Water feature improvements to Aquatic Center fountain and waterfall